Index of /CTAN/support/latex_maker
This is release 2.4 of the mk script.
mk is a Ruby script that, in close collaboration with vpp (short for View and Print PDF/PostScript),
is helpful in the cyclic process of editing, viewing, and printing a latex/xelatex/plain document.
Essentially, mk uses texi2dvi for compilation, vpp for viewing and printing.
mk has been tested under Linux only.
See also (for comment see the file OtherMakers):
(oldest>) shlatex latexmake latexn make-latex latex-make
go-make rake4latex texi2dvi latexmk autolatex (<newest)
major changes of release 2.4 relative to 2.3:
- zero size pdf will not exit but offer edit option
- scriptingutils.rb offered as a ruby gem
major changes of release 2.3 relative to 2.2:
- --web option now works
- colors now ok for black and white backgrounds
- no ruby gems needed anymore
- bug in indexing corrected
major changes of release 2.2 relative to 2.1:
- make is not used anymore
- mk finds tex format to use from source: latex, pdflatex, xelatex, tex, pdftex
- a comment line %!xelatex explicitly tells mk to use xelatex, same for other formats
- tex's -halt-on-error option used
- if the .fls file is still there, mk can see that not even 1 run is needed
- documentation has instructions for use with TeXworks
- several fixes for ruby 1.9
$Id: README,v 1.12 2012/02/11 11:56:52 wybo Exp $