Welcome to the UK List of
TeX Frequently Asked Questions
on the Web
The need for more than one series of footnotes is common in critical
editions (and other literary criticism), but occasionally arises in
Of course, the canonical critical edition package, edmac
offers the facility, as does its LaTeX port, the ledmac
Multiple ranges of footnotes are offered to LaTeX users by the
package. The package provides a fair array of
presentation options, as well. Another critical edition
package is built upon a basis that includes
, as its mechanism for multiple sets of footnotes.
package also uses manyfoot
as part of
its highly sophisticated structure of footnote facilities, which was
also designed to support typesetting critical editions.
- macros/latex/contrib/bigfoot (or browse the directory); catalogue entry
- macros/plain/contrib/edmac (or browse the directory); catalogue entry
- macros/latex/contrib/ednotes (or browse the directory); catalogue entry
- macros/latex/contrib/ledmac (or browse the directory); catalogue entry
- Distributed as part of macros/latex/contrib/ncctools (or browse the directory); catalogue entry
previous question, or
Go to FAQ home.
URL for this question: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=multfoot
Comments, suggestions, or error reports? - see
“how to improve the FAQ”.
This is FAQ version 3.27, released on 2013-06-07.